PDA

View Full Version : [Ended] Ravensword: Shadowlands Is Fifty Percent Off.

RiotingSpectre
05-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Make sure to grab it while you can. We don't know when the deal will end.

devin37354
05-03-2014, 02:51 AM
Going to have to think about this. I played the demo but felt like the game wasnt worth full price. It felt empty, ran kind of awkward, slow at times.

But half off!!! I might decide to pull the trigger now

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Warzard
05-03-2014, 02:53 AM
Any reviews of this game? Personal experiences?

devin37354
05-03-2014, 02:57 AM
I never got passed the demo. Frame rate seemed very slow the town in the demo felt empty. Controls where awkward

But the game seems like it would be decent. I I just recently started playing my OUYA and have a huge backlog of games now. I'll probably add this one to my list now that its half off

I felt it wasn't worth the full price with my big backlog

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Kaimega
05-03-2014, 02:59 AM
I own the game, quite laggy in a ton of areas, never had an update since release. If you like Elder Scrolls games, I am sure you would like this, even a bit.

Warzard
05-03-2014, 04:38 AM
Hmmm. Need more info. Starting Ravensword research.....in the morning.

RiotingSpectre
05-03-2014, 04:40 AM
Hmmm. Need more info. Starting Ravensword research.....in the morning.

Same here. I'll regroup in this thread tomorrow.

LightyKD
05-03-2014, 06:46 PM
So half off for this game is 5 dollars? Did this game's price go up after release week back in June 2013? I remember getting this game back on day 1 for 5 dollars.

Kaimega
05-03-2014, 07:11 PM
So half off for this game is 5 dollars? Did this game's price go up after release week back in June 2013? I remember getting this game back on day 1 for 5 dollars.

The game was always $9.99

TigerClawRadio
05-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Kaimega are you sure? I also remember this being 5 bucks.

RiotingSpectre
05-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Kaimega are you sure? I also remember this being 5 bucks.

Oddly enough, so do I.

Kaimega
05-03-2014, 07:57 PM
the game might have been 5 bucks for the first week of launch, but it was always 9.99. I purchased it quite some time back for 9.99 as well. the price tag is what turned me off of it given the trial version.

Warzard
05-03-2014, 08:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pZjDq6g.gif
Research complete!

Conclusion: Ravensword: Shadowlands is a poor man's Skyrim that could use more polish, but is worth the $5:00 sale price. So, I see this game clogging up space on my OUYA very soon.

LightyKD
05-04-2014, 12:40 AM
Just checked my receipts. Indeed the game was 9,99 Can't believe I paid that much.

RiotingSpectre
05-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Bought it. Let's see if it's worth five dollars.

scummybear
05-04-2014, 01:27 AM
I'm up in the air with this one.

Sent from my Nexus 12 using Tapatalk 3.

LightyKD
05-04-2014, 02:26 AM
Bought it. Let's see if it's worth five dollars.

It's a beautiful game that is lacking "life", voice acting and properly colored dark skinned folk. It's worth five for the minimal amount of effort and many OUYA games should strive to be graphically on par with this but that is the end of my positive thoughts.

RiotingSpectre
05-04-2014, 06:05 AM
It's a beautiful game that is lacking "life", voice acting and properly colored dark skinned folk. It's worth five for the minimal amount of effort and many OUYA games should strive to be graphically on par with this but that is the end of my positive thoughts.

I saw the lack of "life" from the videos I watched on YouTube. It no doubt has its fair share of problems but I'm willing to pay five dollars and if I don't like it then I'm going to bitch for a refund.

Hugo
05-04-2014, 04:23 PM
I saw the lack of "life" from the videos I watched on YouTube. It no doubt has its fair share of problems but I'm willing to pay five dollars and if I don't like it then I'm going to bitch for a refund.

Yeah, I watched a playthrough on the OUYA from the start to the paywall and it's very much like someone took Skyrim and stripped 90% of the content out. This seems like a good alternative for people who don't have access to Skyrim for whatever reason, or are curious about Skyrim but their principles don't allow them to fuel the AAA machine.

All this talk of Skyrim is making me want to go play Skyrim.

LightyKD
05-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Maybe this game could sell more if they added in some beautiful digital babes. Hey, that stuff sells :D

Hugo
05-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Maybe this game could sell more if they added in some beautiful digital babes. Hey, that stuff sells :D

Pandering to the lowest common denominator only sells if you're a AAA developer. There's barely enough actual content in indie games to warrant trying to fluff it up with anything even mildly sexually appealing, and any indie game with substance seems to have a clear a kickstarter first.

TigerClawRadio
05-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Pandering to the lowest common denominator only sells if you're a AAA developer. There's barely enough actual content in indie games to warrant trying to fluff it up with anything even mildly sexually appealing, and any indie game with substance seems to have a clear a kickstarter first.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Look at Ultionus. That game is great.

Outlander999
05-05-2014, 06:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pZjDq6g.gif
Research complete!

Conclusion: Ravensword: Shadowlands is a poor man's Skyrim that could use more polish, but is worth the $5:00 sale price. So, I see this game clogging up space on my OUYA very soon.

The Witcher 2 on STEAM and GOG is frequently sold at 5 dollars. T.H.E. W.I.T.C.H.E.R. 2, uh.
A masterpiece.

So...nope, RAVENSWORD do not deserves your 5 bucks.

LightyKD
05-05-2014, 09:48 PM
The Witcher 2 on STEAM and GOG is frequently sold at 5 dollars. T.H.E. W.I.T.C.H.E.R. 2, uh.
A masterpiece.

So...nope, RAVENSWORD do not deserves your 5 bucks.

The question is, how many people with OUYA consoles have computers powerful enough to play Witcher 2. Then again, you could simply pay the 9.99 for the OnLive playback and play witched 2 with a keyboard and mouse. Witched 3, is also available on OnLive but I'm not sure if it's also a part of the play pack.