PDA

View Full Version : Selective Overscan as a native system option.

Depo78
04-24-2014, 08:34 PM
So, I'm a sideloader, and also use a bunch of native apps. What this means is that I'm hopping in between apps where some require the overscan fix, and others do not. I thought to myself "wouldn't it be awesome if I could click a box in the app settings that let my OUYA know that this particular app needs the overscan fix on?" If I start that app then the system automatically adjusts the overscan. Once I quit the app it would go back to normal. To me, this seems like a very valid option that would not only benefit someone like me, but developers as well. I was just curious what others thought.

I'm looking for some thoughtful, constructive feedback that can lead to a healthy discussion. In other words, if you are going to weigh in, please back up your statement with some kind of explanation. I too often see threads dwindle down into nonsense. Of course, you can do what you like...

My other concern is, if enough people think this is a valid change to the system, how do we go about delivering the message to OUYA Inc.?

Thank you in advance!

Depo78

timmytot666
04-24-2014, 08:37 PM
We just get a bunch of people to post for the idea in this post. A poll could be added if you want. I like the idea of this and not just for sideloaded apps. Native apps sometimes don't overscan on every kind of TV (with thousands of models how could they?) So this would be a welcome addition.

Another side of the sideloading aspect: If you lock some games to 720P via overscan than its possible they will run better if they were struggling before. I'm for it; but its not necessary to me.

Depo78
04-24-2014, 08:49 PM
Timmy,

That is a very good point. This wouldn't just be useful for sideloaded apps, but for other ones as well. It basically levels the playing field, if you will, for all tvs. So, no matter what TV you own, it could function smoothly with the Ouya. Nice. I also like the 720P idea. I hadn't even really considered that. Even more awesome.

Schizophretard
04-25-2014, 01:26 AM
My other concern is, if enough people think this is a valid change to the system, how do we go about delivering the message to OUYA Inc.?

OUYA SUGGESTIONS AND IDEAS was created as a place for OUYA Inc. to find suggestions and ideas. It is to make it easier for them to find them instead of searching the forum.