PDA

View Full Version : Fire Tv or Madcatz Mojo, which should I get?

boredgamer
04-18-2014, 06:04 PM
I decided I'm going to buy one of these two. I really want the 16GB storage, extra power, and occasionally better game graphics the Madcatz Mojo offers (it has a Tegra 4 which some developers have optimized their games graphically for, and I also estimate the Tegra 4 to be about 50% more powerful than the Fire TV's Snapdragon 600).

If on the other hand I get the Fire TV, I will be getting two controllers, both Moga Pro Powers. Since the Fire TV is less pricey, I can afford two controllers, which is something I kind of wanted.

So I feel like I have to choose between better graphics and more storage (the Mojo) and something cheap enough to the point where I can afford two controllers when multiplayer is something I wanted (the Fire TV).

There are other small differences too. The Madcatz Mojo has full, unmodified Android which means you can web-browse easily on it. And if you become a developer, releasing games for the Fire TV is basically free while releasing games for the main Madcatz store, in other words Google Play lol, costs $25.

And of course, I want to buy one of the two but that doesn't mean I'm becoming anti-Ouya.

timmytot666
04-18-2014, 06:07 PM
Mojo will also be getting Ouya Everywhere. I'd suggest that if you want multiplayer games that work with a controller for sure.

Killswitch
04-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Mojo will also be getting Ouya Everywhere. I'd suggest that if you want multiplayer games that work with a controller for sure.
Wasn't it on there the day of the announcement? We need someone with a MOJO to confirm but it's hard to find the 3 people that bought one :D

Karyyk
04-19-2014, 03:53 AM
If you aleady have OUYA, then I don't see OUYA Everywhere being a big selling point for the Mojo. If you like Google Play, then that's a plus for the Mojo, but I get the feeling that when it comes to exclusive titles down the road, then the Fire TV will get the nod (if for no other reason than the fact that Amazon has apparently invested a lot of time, effort and capital getting in-house development underway, which shows a lot more of a commitment to the gaming side of things than their official "Gaming is just a bonus" statements seem to admit).

At $200, the Mojo is just too expensive. That's enough to get a decent tablet that has HDMI, bluetooth and Google Play access, and not too far away from something like the Wii U (which is a superior gaming platform, despite Nintendo's internal struggles). I don't see Madcatz having the capital or the willingness to spend it (if they did) to make the Mojo any more than an also-ran, whereas Amazon has that in spades. For half the price (yeah, yeah, I know the controller is extra, but there are other options), the Fire TV seems like a better option (especially if you already own an OUYA).

fireballs
04-19-2014, 08:25 AM
What about the Shield? It has console mode and great button mapping software from what I hear. Plus if your computer is compatible you can stream games from the computer.