PDA

View Full Version : OUYA Fan Introduction Thread

Frankeve
01-17-2013, 02:47 PM
OK guys, I thought this would be an excellent way of getting to know each other. Afterall, I fully expect the OUYA community to grow exponentially once the OUYA comes out in March/April. Feel free to introduce yourself, let us know your OUYA username, how you normally game, and anything else about yourselves.

I'll get it started.

My name is Frank Eveblotch, and I live in Tampa, Florida. I am typically a recreational gamer. I mostly play Xbox 360 and games on my mini iPad. I'm a huge fan of the OUYA, and expect to continue to be. I heard about the OUYA from Ed (owner of this site), who is a good friend of mine. I am 25 years old, and engaged to the love of my life.

Frank

Wisnu Setioko
01-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Hi all...

and thx for OUYA forum for following me on twitter @tsugamumasakoto. It seems that OUYA offers a lot new innovations, especially for indie developers. And since I am about to work in indie developer studio called "Agate Studio" in Yogyakarta, I would be so pleased if OUYA sells well here in Indonesia..

Well, my complete name is Wisnu Setioko, but you call me Wisnu. I'm usually nick-named myself "tsugamu". Hope we all can learn new things here...:D

DeadGhost
01-17-2013, 03:02 PM
My name is Miguel Vallés. I live in Teruel, Spain and I'm 22. My OUYA username is DeadGhost.

I am also a recreational gamer, although I enjoy playing any kind of videogame. I mostly play Xbox 360 and PC, and a little Wii too (its hardcore games like Zelda, Metroid or Xenoblade). I love what OUYA has to offer, it can become the definitive indie gaming platform, hopefully. I first heard about the OUYA in its Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign.

I'm a videogame developer at Teku Studios (http://www.tekustudios.com/) (owner and lead programmer. @TekuStudios (https://twitter.com/TekuStudios)), and I hope that our first game can eventually reach OUYA.

Darkdisorder78
01-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Hey guys my name is Douglas im 17. Im a gamer on the mobile side mainly because other competitors are lacking today. Ouya is looking amazing, I will most definitely be getting one! I play games like Dead Trigger, Need for Speed, and Dead Space on android.

Peter Jespersen
01-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Hello - I'm not a gamer - haven't really used my PC for gaming the past decade, and never really saw the reason for buying a console. I really do not know why the OUYA actually fires me up like this, but it does. On the other hand it must be the price, openness and flexibility - I really love the thought. But also a hope that other multimedia applications will reveal them selves - for instance for streamingservices. If the mony is available, I'm getting one.

beaver_regnew
01-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Hello, my name is Bennett, and I live in Columbus Ohio, USA. I'm a 25-year-old guy. My OUYA username is beaver_regnew, same as my handle on this forum. I am not a very invested gamer (as in, I suck and I don't play much), but I really love video games. I've played all the classic Nintendo systems; my current systems are my modded Gamecube and my PSP. And PC I suppose, since I have some games on my netbook. I've been a fan of open source / Linux software for a number of years, so when I saw the OUYA on Kickstarter I just had to get involved. I'm very excited about the openness to developers; I have an idea for a game of my own, but no programming or design experience, so I'm not actually expecting that to happen. In any case, I am very much looking forward to getting my OUYA and playing what's already out there.

Bas Horneman
01-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Hallo everyone. My ouya username is Triodefreak. I'm not a gamer. Well I used to play Radofin and ZX Spectrum 48k when I was a kid. Then some doom in the pc era. And far cry when it first came out.

My kids have an XBOX. And I got an ouya because of the principle. Just seemed so cool. And cheap. Very excited that it will be able to work as a media player with XBMC.

GalacticUnicorn
01-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Hello, my name is Connor. I'm a 20 year old college student studying graphic design. I live in Washington state, an hour north of Seattle. I've been stuck on video games ever since my best friend gave me his Gameboy and a copy of Pokemon Ruby in 5th grade. I wasn't allowed to own any gaming consoles, so I kept my gameboy hidden for a long time.

My gamertag is GalacticUnicorn. I play PS3 mainly, with a few mobile and PC games. I found Ouya on Kickstarted and was instantly intrigued. I preordered one right away and have been looking forward to the release ever since.

I consider myself a hardcore recreational gamer because I like the hardcore games, but I don't often have much time to play; school comes first.

marcrh
01-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Hello, I'm Marc. I'm 35 and I've been working as a Android Apps developer. Last year I released my personal game project to Google Play named Number Wave (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marcrh.numberwave). Actually I'm writting Androuya (http://androuya.es), a spannish blog about this great console as a project too.

I'm entusiast of this indie revolution.

Ukee
01-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Ello, names Ukee. I live in California. I have been an arcade gamer for around 20 years. I don't make games only play but I think I might try learing a new skill and experiament with the Ouya.

Henke Hagman
01-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Hello everyone!

My name is Henke and I've spent the better part of my 38 years as a swedish resident. I've been a gamer for more than 30 years by now, starting in 1981 I think. When it comes to games I've been a fan of Minecraft for quite a while now. And of course Dungeon Keeper back in the days. What else? Civilization of course, all of them except #5 which just seems stupid.

And I have never, EVER played a WW2-shooter, and I never will.

I'm a software tester by profession, which makes me a non-coding developer, and I'm going to have some serious fun with this little manick.

Jordan Cooper
01-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Hello, all! I'm Jordan, from the Midwest. I heard about Ouya before the Kickstarter, and it just gave me the same spark that reading the book Snow Crash did, with their futuristic portable computers. Granted, this is just a game console, but technology is getting close to reaching that point. I want to be there, and to enjoy it. Thus, the money escaped from my wallet and found its way to Kickstarter. Plus, I like me some video games. XD As an early 20-something with nothing to look forward to but the future and a passion for the vidya, maybe I can pick something up, and stop living myself to death.

JPHaukka
01-30-2013, 12:38 AM
Hi there! I'm Javi a.k.a. JP Haukka, 23 and Spanish gaymer, owner of a bunch of consoles inside a TARDIS, but, since me getting an Ouya on its launch day is a fixed point in time, I can't cheat and get mine already. Just new in all this, so I'm really looking forward to develop and play with you guys!

antoniolima
01-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Hello, my name is Antonio Lima, I live in Brazil, I love video games, like a lot of Playstation games, as well as retro games from the golden age nitendinho, mega drive. I graduated in graphic design and make a course of specialization in production and scheduling of games, I would love to learn how to make games in OUYA.

JD_Hawk
01-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Hey, my name is Jens and I live in Germany. I am Gamer and own the Blog GameExperience (http://www.gameexperience.de) for more than 20 year and I hope that the release of Ouya gives the industry a push towards more innovations and more creative games.

GnomicStudios
01-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Hi, my name is Aranda and I'm the lead coder for Gnomic Studios (http://www.gnomicstudios.com/). I've been gaming since I started in the late 80s on Vic20 and C64 with games like Barbarian, IK+, Spyhunter, Creatures... too many to list. I think OUYA is a great opportunity for indie developers such as myself to bring a new wave of games to people's televisions. Looking forward to bringing our game Square Off and all our future games to OUYA.

Michael Thompson
02-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Hello!

Michael, here. (strider_mt2k)
Big fan of Android gaming as well as hardware hacking and other geeky tech pursuits.
I look forward to gaming on and modifying my Ouya, as well as sharing my ideas and experiences with my fellow Ouya enthusiasts.

I was originally a nay-sayer against this system, but I have realized that it has a lot of potential and now can be counted among the many folks who are ready for spring to arrive! :D

EnderRawr
02-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Hello everybody my name is EnderRawr and I usually game on my PC. When I saw the OUYA it immediately caught my attention. I can't wait to get it. I hope that they will get Minecraft on it because if they do that will be the first game that I get.

Lord XIII
02-17-2013, 10:07 PM
I cannot wait to get my Ouya this June. Just pre-ordered one on Amazon!

I am mainly getting the Ouya to play "schmups" on it. I love old-school style shooter games (and MAME!). Ouya is what I have been waiting for! I also love how you can hook a projector up to it! Portable systems better look out! I also write for a website, and am writing another article on the Ouya as I type this.

Can't wait to check out the games section here to see what I have to look forward to!

EmpireGamingLLC
03-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Hiya, my name is Michael Torres and I'm the... I don't know I guess idea guy. Game designer, would you call it? Concept and Mechanics dude of EmpireGamingLLC (https://twitter.com/EmpireGamingLLC). We picked up the Developers package off the OUYA kickstarter and suddenly thought we were game developers. Here we are some 6-8 months later and it's about to be true. If all goes well, we'll be releasing our first project on March 28th. We are a couple programmers, a retail employee, a network engineer, a student, and me, a warehouse grunt. Not exactly the best and brightest, but we've got the passion and the ideas. All we need now is the support, I think we'll find it here.

Thanks for having me in your community.

RiotingSpectre
03-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Hi guys. I already left a partial introduction but what the hell.

Names Rioting Spectre, I specialize in video games such as the Sega Saturn and N64. So if you have any questions about video game consoles and the like, come to me and I'll give you answers backed up by years of experience and facts. I currently don't have a Ouya but am getting one at launch. I'm extremely truthful about my responses and tend to rub people the wrong way because of it... My mannerism are rather unique and my family and I have a really twisted sense of humor so just to let you know. I'm not a jerk but a poorly misunderstood person due to years of repression.

I'm currently being stalked by a mod on these forums for some reason. Whether he's after my Kitkats or my soul; he's not going to get either one of them.

Nice to meet you, all.

Silent Rob
04-12-2013, 03:30 AM
........Hi

DistantWords
04-12-2013, 04:43 AM
Hi! How are ya?

Silent Rob
04-12-2013, 05:52 AM
I'm doing wicked good, yourself?

ChelseaB
04-12-2013, 06:00 AM
I am Chelsea Baker from Los Angeles, Ca. I just want to say hello to all the readers and members out there! So glad to be here. Thanks ;)

Zombie Jesus
04-12-2013, 06:06 AM
What's crack-a-lackin?

GreggHoush
04-14-2013, 07:52 PM
LeisureSuitGaming?

GreggHoush
04-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Hello to you too. Here for anything specific? Or just a general OUYA fan?

Mattyy
04-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Hello guys, My name is Matt. And I love gaming :) I am from Egypt and I wish I can get an ouya. After many years of gaming on PC ( Never had a console actually ). I decided to buy an OUYA .. I don't know why, but ouya is something that I loved. I love how its open for everyone :). Although I never learnt coding or been interested that much, I plan on getting started on coding games for ouya and they will be 100% free.

Ouya Update
06-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Hi there!

I'm Alex, a 19 year old student from Germany, currently living in Norway!
I've had a big interest in the Ouya ever since its kickstarter days, and have always been up-to-date with the most recent news about the console, since I'm planning to buy it on launch day. I must admit, that is because I didn't quite trust the developers to actually deliver a completed product in the short amount of time they'd set themselves, but it turned out they were more than capable of doing it, so now they're "worthy" to get what little money I have as a student.
What really makes the Ouya worth it in my opinion though, is that it comes with potentially many free games, and that it allows me to run emulators on my TV, which no other console does at the moment. That's what really makes it stand out for me, and why I'm going to get it.

Next to my studies, I'm also running a blog called Ouya Update (http://ouyaupdate.tumblr.com) together with a friend of mine from Germany (Matt). We aim to eventually turn it into a news website featuring everything you need to know about the Ouya - kind of like a digital magazine! If any of you is a self-proclaimed writer or website designer and wants to work together with us, feel free to contact us on our blog!

So yeah, that's basically it - I'm sure I'll have a great time around here with your community, and hopefully Matt and me will be able to contribute something worthwhile!

Reaperman
06-14-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm a 32-year-old webserver admin now living in New Orleans, LA. I'm fairly into gaming (both classic and modern), and have accumulated way to much gaming 'stuff' over the years.

For other hobbies, I also like to dress up in stupid costumes and go drinking (It's a thing we do here). There's actually a sci-fi costume party coming up in about a week, so for a bit of comic relief, here's my fat ass dressed up in a 'Tron Guy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU53wIKa0CQ)' costume. I really hate the mustache--but it's not 'Tron Guy' without one:

http://imageshack.us/scaled/modthumb/202/10271200042.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/10271200042.jpg/)

Amadeus
06-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Hello.

My name is Amadeus (yeah, irl), I'm currently 16, hoping to be 18 soon. I'm very very friendly. I can be VEEERY immature, but also very mature depending on the situation. I don't have an Ouya as of now, but I'll get one as soon as it hits retails store. My favorite games are Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Borderlands 2, and a few others. I like shows like Friends, South Park, pretty much all comedy stuff. I'm aiming to be an Ouya developer, probably not soon, but I know one day I'll be.

imamelia
06-18-2013, 06:30 AM
Hello, everyone...or, as I say in my LPs, salvete, omnes. I don't usually give out my real name on the Internet, but I'm currently 22 years old and live in Montana, USA, and I've graduated from the local university with a degree in linguistics. I've been playing video games for most of my life, though I wouldn't consider myself "hardcore" (especially since the term doesn't have a very positive connotation for me...). Some of my favorites are the Donkey Kong Country games, the Mario platformers, and the Mega Man games, and my favorite non-handheld console from each generation is, respectively, the NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, Wii, and Wii U. I think I actually first found out about the Ouya just by looking up information about the eighth generation of video games. I thought it looked like a pretty cool idea, and besides, I hadn't played much in the way of indie games before. And so far, this does seem like a fairly friendly community to be a part of, so...all right.

Manaurys
06-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Hey Manaurys here 25 years from Dominican Republic now living in new York for the last 4 years, i play games mainly for their history like a movie i. Mostly set the games to easy just to play though and see the movie behind the game lol

Starfighter
06-18-2013, 03:06 PM
The short version:
My name is Starfighter (on teh realz, changed it a few years back) and as my profile says, I'm a 27 year old crustpunk who likes to drink beer for breakfast.

My video game history:
I got a NES as my first video game console and it was my best (only) friend for several years. When I discovered hardcore punk I sold all games to get money for alcohol and records and didn't care about anything else up until the release of the Playstation 2. That's when I re-discovered the joy of video games and started collecting my childhood favorites as well as new things.

My collection:
I'm closing in on 900 games for over 30 formats but I'm not really collecting to show off. I don't care about how mint something is and I don't buy games I don't like just to have a complete set of anything. You can check out my collection over at backloggery (http://www.backloggery.com/starfighter).

My outlook on video games:
While I play on medium/hard and my favorite genres are shoot 'em up and survival horror, I deeply believe that the video game culture should be about fun, and helping others to have fun. I would never call anyone a "n00b", make sexist comments or diminish people based on their preferences in gaming.

My avatar in a bigger size:
http://s19.postimg.org/d6ojqmej7/image.jpg

paulinho
06-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Hi Y'all,

Mr name is Paul, I live on the South coast of the U.K. and love gaming, but want to dabble with development on the Ouya :ghost:

The Tallest
07-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Hello. The Tallest here. It's from Invader Zim if you must know. I love that show.

Anywho, I had originally pledged to the Ouya when it first went up on KS at the $100 level. Within the first few days it had hit it's funding level and I got cold feet so I backed out of the pledge. Figured it was too good to be true. I figured I'd wait and see what happened. Well, last month I had heard the Ouya dropped so I ordered one. I did originally join this site too; though I don't remember my username or password so I just made a new account. I'm not much of a console gamer but I do like Android and figured since I like messing around with Android phones that an Android based console might be fun. So, I got it last night and hooked it up. It took several hours to update and download a few games; my internet connection sucks.

I've currently downloaded The Bard's Tale (I love inXile) and Final Fantasy III (never played a FF game before) and some racing game. I haven't really messed around with it too much.

I'd like to add a larger fan too it if it's possible. It'd also be cool to do a custom case. I'd even like to Root it at some point and maybe add an external HDD if possible as opposed to a flash drive.

I'm a PC gamer at heart and have in the past done a lot of PC mods and build all of my own computers.

whisp
07-06-2013, 05:14 PM
hi folks, 2nd post, 1st was to put my username on ouya in another thread, got my ouya yesterday and installed xbmc and a few emulators so far but looking forward to finding out what more i can do

T2KFreeker
07-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Hmm, don't know how I managed to miss this thread. I'm T2KFreeker. Been a part of the gaming communities on the net forever. Got an Ouya at the first of July and love the system. many people here, or a few at least, have already interacted with me in the chat here on the site. Love the system, as I said. many great original games already and the Emulators really run very well. Keep it up guys and hope to see you all on the site. Anyone else live in Southern Cali?

shadowrunner
07-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Hello everyone:) I was a kickstarter backer but just got my Ouya a couple weeks ago.
So far I'm having fun with it and looking forward to all the games and apps that are coming.

Tide
07-19-2013, 02:02 AM
Hi there! I took an interest in the Ouya after seeings its price tag and what it promises. Seeing a huge company like Square Enix porting a game of theirs to the Ouya was that one last thing that convinced me that the Ouya was gonna be huge. :) I don't have my own Ouya yet (budget stuff), but would probably get one soon after I see content I'm really interested in ported to it.

B1gfoot88
07-22-2013, 06:57 PM
hi all didnt see a introduce yourself forum so just post here got a ouya a few days ago and really enjoying it good fun and this website has been helping me a lot with side loading and bits like that so thought i would sign up and say what a great job your all doing thanks:D

Amadeus
07-22-2013, 07:02 PM
There's an introduce yourself thread http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?1074-OUYA-Fan-Introduction-Thread

Hi, though.

Enjoy your stay pl0x

DrunkPunk
07-23-2013, 06:44 AM
hi all didnt see a introduce yourself forum so just post here got a ouya a few days ago and really enjoying it good fun and this website has been helping me a lot with side loading and bits like that so thought i would sign up and say what a great job your all doing thanks:D

Glad we can help and glad to have you on board! :D

As Amadeus said, the Fan Introduction Thread (http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?1074-OUYA-Fan-Introduction-Thread) is a great place to say "Hi".

MX Woods3
07-23-2013, 07:04 PM
hi.

deepikarai
07-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Hey hi everyone. My name is Deepika. I like to make friends.

DeeannCastro
07-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Hi there all..my name is Deeaann and i am a newbie up here.
I thought of making an intro first and than getting on to the further posts.
So hoping to have a great time out here.

Watch Hindi Movies Online (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moviemeunlimited.hindimovieonlinehd )

Nathan Allan
07-31-2013, 06:43 PM
Hi everybody, just wanted to introduce myself a bit and say it's great to be a member here.

I live in El Paso, am an independent tech and do it on the side until i can get a better job doing it full time. College grad for Computer Sci, been using a computer for many years and working on them for almost as long, love gaming since the C64 and 2600. Linux rocks, Win sucks most of the time.

My little hopes for the Ouya are that it will be expandable in some sort of hardware form, I will do my best to help, and hope to have a lot of fun with it when I DO get one :)

Tchad Thai
08-03-2013, 02:15 AM
What's up My name is Tchad I live in England my Ouya username is SilenTii and I've been a gamer for the last 16 years (started when I was 5). Im more of a console gamer then a pc gamer since none of my pc's were any good for new games xD. I usually play on my ps3 and from there got introduced to indie games like Castle Crashers, so when I heard about the Ouya I though it was a great way to help support indie developers. Ive only had my one for 4 days now but im enjoying every moment, I was almost turned off from the Ouya after watching so many negative reviews but Im glad I decided to still get it.

Moonlight
08-03-2013, 02:29 AM
'lo guys, been on dis here site for a while, names Moonlight ( or Moonshine, take your pick ). 15 years old, just a regular ass goon from the San Francisco Bay Area who gets tons of money and spends it all on games :loyal:. I got an Ouya off Craigslist, purely because of curiosity, and I'm here because I couldn't put the batteries in the damn thing, but yeah, hey guise ! :3

Wraith_Vague
08-03-2013, 04:39 AM
Going by Wraith_Vague these days I guess. Also my OUYA name. Used to be Riven Malkavian way back in The 4th Coming days. 32 years old. Was beating Super Mario before the age of 10 on NES. Had the gold cartridge of Legend of Zelda and beat that as well. Been building high performance gaming computers since the late 90's. UNIX and Windows system admin by profession for a large corporation. In my spare time I feed my tinkering addiction. Always have to tear something apart and make it better. Understand the flow of most programming languages but not a good coder. Have no graphics talent. Able to modify anything if I poke at it enough. Sort of a jack of all trades and master of none. Excel at internet research and absorption of technical knowledge. I make things work by any means necessary.

I'm here because I root for the underdog and want to see a change in the gaming arena. Have been a fan of Android since at least 2009 when I got my first Motorola Droid 1 phone. I have my doubts about the survival of this little box. But with each new developer and some of the very nice 3D games I've seen recently, my hopes are soaring. Playing some of the best android games ever made on the big screen is a very exhilarating experience. Received my pre-Order OUYA on the June 25th retail launch and I've been burning the midnight oil and expanding its abilities since then.

Akira_of_Davion
08-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Akira_of_Davion -underscores for OUYA and PSN.
Akira of Davion - spaces on XBL.

Much like Vague up there, I like the underdog. However, I bought my OUYA on more of a lark.

Was having a conversation in a local GameStop that lead into talk about the OUYA and GameStick, then on to other things. One night of reasearch later, I made a decision to (find, and then) pick one up. This was a little bit after launch, so it took a couple days, since people mostly only had their preorder stock.

The idea of an open box for $100 intrigues me. The emulation alone, for me, was worth the price of admission, but being able to not only buy titles, but have the outside possibility to put something together myself if I so chose piqued my interest. I mean, I'm the same guy who sunk a ton of time into the first couple RPG Maker games on PS1 (I made a sephiroth sprite set I was really proud of on the first one, especially since it was all controller work- no mouse) and has purchased wrestling titles SIMPLY to futz around with the CAW for awhile to see how realistic I can make friends and or celebrities and whatnot... I barely even play the intended game.

Anyway, for the price of a decent tablet, I got something a whole lot better: a virtually bottomless toybox with an attached community!

See you 'round.

DeeannCastro
08-03-2013, 11:46 AM
The open box is available for $100..i think i can live with that price..there is certainly o terms and conditions for that.

Watch Hindi Movies Online (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moviemeunlimited.hindimovieonlinehd )

Lynn
08-04-2013, 03:26 AM
Hey guys!! My name is Lynn and I'm a proud Ouya owner...I'm 36 years old and love gaming in general. I love gaming with people and feel that gamers are very great people to get to know. I would love to learn to make/publish a game on Ouya. Hopefully one day...Thanks for reading this guys and take care!!!

RandomDanny
08-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Hi all! I'm Danny, 29 and an avid gamer.

Decided to splurge on an Ouya, however had a hard time finding one through routes on the Ouya website. Living in Australia, hard to get my hands on one. Had to settle on eBay and found a seller in Australia.

Was on the hunt for some age old classic consoles via eBay also, but getting sniped at the last second bugged me. I turned to the Ouya and it's emulating awesomeness.

Gonna pick up a few titles that are purchasable in the next few days. Pretty impressed with the Ouya so far. Fits in perfectly with the big behemoths that are the 360 and PS3. hahaha

Brian Wolf
08-16-2013, 01:01 AM
Hi guys! I'm actually too poor to afford an Ouya right now, but I really want to help develop games for it. I work primarily as a comic book artist (http://briandanielwolf.deviantart.com/), but I have also done character designs (http://briandanielwolf.deviantart.com/gallery/45366658) for games as well as interface mockups (http://briandanielwolf.deviantart.com/gallery/33888506). In fact, right now I am working on characters for a visual novel set in a MMO. (https://www.facebook.com/DestinyLimitGame) Nice to meet you all!

GameEs
08-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Hi, I'm Tomas, my nickname on OUYA is GameEs (in case we get "Friends" in the near future, which I hope we will!) and I bought OUYA last week on vacation in Scotland (it's not sold in Czech Republic where I live). I love it as multimedia center but also like the games, though I think the potencial is much bigger than the games look like, so I hope it will get better in the future. I study IT university and OUYA got me into thinking I'd try to get into programming and try to learn myself something and maybe start development for OUYA and base my bachelor work next year on that. Wish me luck with that, it's still just an idea :)

I hope I'll stick around for a long time and enjoy it here :)

CodemonkeyAlx
08-29-2013, 07:19 PM
Hey yo,

I'm Alex -- I just joined after having purchased my first Ouya just yesterday. Which is why I marked myself as an ouya owner and not future owner.
As well I do android development with a focus on personal security and safety. I wanted to get into game programming for a while now and I figured the ouya was the PERFECT place to do this.

So here I am a year after the events of the kick starter brainstorming ideas and learning to more efficiently wrote code.

On the whole I feel like my knowledge is lacking but I intend to make it better over time as I get more and more into working with android.

I am above all else self taught. There is something to be said for a person who goes to school to learn something but the people who have better more interesting stories are -USUALLY- the ones who start from ground zero and learn of their own will.

So... Nice to meet you all! - You will likely be seeing me around :)

Killswitch
08-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Hello there new people.
Just wanted to say welcome to the nut hut :biggrin-new:

Razor Bladez
08-30-2013, 05:04 AM
Hi everybody, I'm Razor Bladez. You can call me Razor ;D. Recently got an OUYA and I think it's awesome! I might stick around here for a while.

Congslop
08-31-2013, 03:24 AM
Howdy, names Tylar, 31, I lost any passion for gaming with the PS2/XB/GC generation, the OUYA peeked my interest. The emulators are my main interest here, expecting it in the mail in about a week :D I can play old games on the telly and download some new stuff on the cheap, very excited! Plus my daughter loves all the old Sega games, so she'll get a kick out of it :)

---

Oh, and super stoked for Shadowrun Online!

Merged your posts. Use the edit button next time. Thank you.

Starfighter
08-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Hello and welcome everybody! Nice to see some new faces!

Jason D Barna
09-05-2013, 02:48 AM
Jello everyone as you can figure from my user name who i am. I got my Ouya this past Sunday. I had to travel an hour from my place to get it. Then once i got to that particular Best Buy they tried to tell me they didn't have any despite there site saying they did. So after my wife convinced the guy to look in the back he brought us out one of the 2 they had.

We brought it home ,and set it on top of our entertainment center that already contains a softmodded Wii ,and a PS3.

Our first games purchased on our Ouya were Bard's Tale, Shadowgun, Knightmare Tower, and Pizza Boy. I plan on snagging Giana Sisters (after they fix the flickering issue), Gunslugs, Heavy Recoil, Ravensword, Freedom Fall ,and Wraithborne.

I've also sideloaded Bean's Quest ,and Dead Trigger. I've spent probably 6 hours testing stuff i have through my amazon ,and google play accounts.

I hope Ouya gets more games from Gameloft ,and Mad Finger Games.

AyanaPaulson
09-06-2013, 09:52 AM
just joined here with all my fresh ideas to share and to be an active user on this community

Dudy
09-10-2013, 03:19 AM
Hello all! I have finally entered the Ouya Community! I just won a phenomenal bid on Ebay for an Ouya! It comes with emulators, and a couple free games! I swear i haven't ever been excited to buy a game system since the Wii U, 3DS, Wii, and Dreamcast(last year, cause im a Nintendo/Sony kid). I'm happy to say "I own an Ouya!". I guess i'm so excited because besides the few emus on the Wii, i can play emulators on my giant TV(unfortunately it's old, so i have to put it in the den), and play cool unique games. The Ouya is also hated on, and for some reason, even though the Ouya ITSELF drew me in, after it got hated on, i felt like i had to be there for it. I'm a bit odd that way. I almost bought an N-Gage last month because it was unpopular and forgotten, and i'm just crazy. ANYWAY! I'm Chris. My child hood nickname was Dudy. And in fact, i still get called that. seriously, so don't make fun of my name! Anyway, I'm 23, i have a cool job as a Transporter at Presby Hospital, and i'm glad to be here!

Killswitch
09-10-2013, 05:00 AM
Welcome to the nut hut, we have strait jackets in all sizes :biggrin-new:

Just welcoming the new guys and gals to the forum.
Feel free to jump into the conversations, read about your favorite games, contact developers and all that good stuff.
Have any forum related questions feel free to ask me or any of the other mods roaming around.

RiotingSpectre
09-10-2013, 05:22 AM
Have any forum related questions feel free to ask me or any of the other mods roaming around.

Welcome to the forum, indeed. I am the legendary RiotingSpectre and will be one of the staff members taking care of you so if you have any complaints about anything then feel free to contact someone else.

Long night..... Yeah. :)

Dudy
09-10-2013, 05:29 AM
Thanks guys! Nice welcoming committee ya got here.

AyanaPaulson
09-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Hey there folks,
I am a newbie out here too and my name is Ayana.
Just hoping to have a great time out here and enjoy my stay.

RiotingSpectre
09-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Hey there folks,
I am a newbie out here too and my name is Ayana.
Just hoping to have a great time out here and enjoy my stay.

Welcome to the forum. Your stay will be enjoyable because I'm here :)

timmytot666
09-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Welcome to the forum. Your stay will be enjoyable because I'm here :)

You get used to this ;-P

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Jon_TWR
09-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Hi all, I'm Jon. I'm in NYC and while I have a 360, my gaming on it has kind of fallen off because I prefer to dedicate multiple hours at a time to gamong on it, and it just feels like that time isn't as available these days. So of late, most of my gaming has been on my iPad.

I don't have an Ouya yet, but I anticipate ordering one and the xbox 360 USB receiver (seems a better option than buying extra Ouya controllers) within the next month, so I can get started gaming again. I also plan to use the Ouya as a streaming and emulation box, but I've already backed the Nevending Nightmares and Dungeons the Eye of Draconus (before they got help qualifying for the Ouya FtGF match), and I'm sure I'll back other FtGF games as well as buy games for my Ouya (once I finally have it).

I just hope they get external storage figured out sooner, rather than later! :)

Killswitch
09-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks guys! Nice welcoming committee ya got here.
We just fake it real well :biggrin-new:

Hi all, I'm Jon. I'm in NYC and while I have a 360, my gaming on it has kind of fallen off because I prefer to dedicate multiple hours at a time to gamong on it, and it just feels like that time isn't as available these days. So of late, most of my gaming has been on my iPad.

I don't have an Ouya yet, but I anticipate ordering one and the xbox 360 USB receiver (seems a better option than buying extra Ouya controllers) within the next month, so I can get started gaming again. I also plan to use the Ouya as a streaming and emulation box, but I've already backed the Nevending Nightmares and Dungeons the Eye of Draconus (before they got help qualifying for the Ouya FtGF match), and I'm sure I'll back other FtGF games as well as buy games for my Ouya (once I finally have it).

I just hope they get external storage figured out sooner, rather than later! :)
Welcome to the Ouya tribe. Don't let our other crazy members scare you too much :)

RiotingSpectre
09-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Welcome to the Ouya tribe. Don't let our other crazy members scare you too much :)

http://i40.tinypic.com/10r21yx.gif

Jon_TWR
09-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Welcome to the Ouya tribe. Don't let our other crazy members scare you too much :)is that anything like Boo-Yaa Tribe? ;)

http://i40.tinypic.com/10r21yx.gifNope, apparently not!

Robbit Van Parsley
09-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone! My name's Robbit and I come from Rabbitland. I'm 106 years old and I make videos online.

I heard about the OUYA late last year and I preordered mine soon after. I was bit disappointed (frustrated?) initially with how the store and downloads functioned but luckily it kept getting better with each update. (although I don't see the point of the new "bury" feature in the Discover section)
I've been playing a lot more OUYA games recently and am looking forward to do play throughs on those awesome OUYA exclusives when pretty soon.

EDITED: Removed link. Sorry, I didn't know you couldn't do any self-promotion here. Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Russell Chairboys Cox
10-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Hi

I am Russ, 34.I love football and support Wycombe Wanderers. I also 'groundhop' which entails visiting as many grounds as possible. In the past few games I have been to Bishops Cleeve and Lazio, so as you can see my range is broad. I do have a site/blog , but I am not sure if I can promote it here, so I will leave it for now.

I love my gadgets also. I've been into computers since I was a kid, my main machines being Spectrum, Amiga, PC, Mac, PS3 with lots of others in between.

My current systems are a MacBook Pro, a Modded xBox original and a DS. As well as Samsung S3 and iPad 4

I've not had a lot of luck with Android boxes so far. 2 have been refunded due to non delivery from China, one was so buggy I sold it and just as I thought I'd found a good one, the video output has failed, so I am sending it back and getting an Ouya. In fact I will be off down town later to hopefully get one.

Why an Ouya? Mainly for a media box for watching online video content. But also as an emulation machine as it is a pain to transfer files to the modded xBox without wireless. I plan to plug my external hard drive in which has lots of films, music and roms on it. The other stuff looks neat also, and I don't mind paying top range prices (so far as an Android box is concerned) for this and the online community for the console, which is pretty fragmented with other Android boxes

Mockingbird
10-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Hello OUYAForum ^_^

I've been following this mystery cube for some time now and I finally was able to get my hands on one some time ago. To be completely honest, it is not as bad as the media displays it. So far I am enjoying the little 'Industry Shaker' and have been enjoying my time in this website even though I've only been registered for one day. I hope that I can enjoy my time even more and interact with the mass amount of members that I have seen in the near future. Ta-ta!

timmytot666
10-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Welcome come to the chat sometimee

Killswitch
10-03-2013, 02:09 AM
Welcome to the nut hut.

RiotingSpectre
10-03-2013, 02:14 AM
Welcome to the nut hut.

Woo, dance party! Everybody is welcomed!
http://i43.tinypic.com/vngs36.gif

Mockingbird
10-03-2013, 02:25 AM
Thanks guys! I'll be sure to check it out later.

Schizophretard
10-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Hey guys,
This is Myesha and a newbie up here at ouya forums.
I am hoping to have a decent stay here and try to keep things as clean as possible.
Looking forward to meeting you all.

Welcome to the forums.

pitang
10-10-2013, 12:37 PM
I am pinchos shemano and I am new to this forum. I'm looking forward to meeting
new people and interacting a lot within the community.
I hope I can become a valuable contributor and that I
can pass on my knowledge to be able to help others as well.
Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend..have a nice day...

regrads,
pinchos shemano

masvil
10-10-2013, 11:01 PM
MasviL, Italy, 44 yo.
Very interested in emulators and local multiplayer.
Nice to meet you :)

Negative Zero
10-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Welcome pitang, myesha, and masvil. May you find joy in reading and contributing!

DrunkPunk
10-11-2013, 06:37 AM
MasviL, Italy, 44 yo.
Very interested in emulators and local multiplayer.
Nice to meet you :)

Then you have certainly come to the right place and system! Welcome aboard :D

honesto
10-29-2013, 02:23 AM
hello to each and everyone.. my name is Dave Gorham from houston

Hydrus
10-29-2013, 02:28 AM
Hi there, Dave. Welcome to OUYAForum!

shayanjameel08
11-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Hi friends whats up ...i am shayan..!

Negative Zero
11-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Hi shayan, welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

Janus
11-16-2013, 11:25 PM
Hey people, Janus here. :-)

Killswitch
11-17-2013, 12:20 AM
Welcome to the nut hut

JordanRodriguez
11-26-2013, 10:51 AM
just joined here with all my fresh ideas to share and have a great stay here..

TimeWalker
12-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Hi there, my name's Tony. Better known by my nickname TimeWalker.

I'm from Switzerland and right now still in school. I'm an avid player. I like to play a wide range of Games. My most favorite genres are Music/Rhythm games, Puzzler, Plattformers and racing games. I have quite an collection of games and consoles ranging from NES and Mega Drive to current Xbox 360 and PS3.
What I also like to do is programming. Programming is my passion and I like to program small games for PC or build up some web pages.

Right now I don't have an OUYA yet. I've been following the console since day one and already saw the ups and downs of this console. Meanwhile, I tried the OUYA out at a friend's place. With the current Indie Kickstarter projects and now trying it out I really like the OUYA more and more. So I'll be getting myself one soon.
Not only that but I'll also plan to develop games for the OUYA. I already have a running project for the OUYA and hope to show it one day!

So that's pretty much all I wanted to say here. Hope everything will go fine!

Killswitch
12-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Welcome to our crazy little piece of the internet

hshafiee
12-21-2013, 03:33 AM
Hello all;
Looks like pretty impressing site. I owned sat. boxes before, newbie with Ouya. Hope I can learn some stuff from you pros and pass it on to someone else when needed.

cinemur
12-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Hello to all good people over here
I've been reading a lot of stuff from here for some time now, and been reading and researching about OUYA from early kickstarter days.
living in country that is last hole on earth, has only disadvantages, specially for stuff like new gadgets, but finally, my OUYA unit is arriving around the new year so i decided that is time to get actively involved here :)

RiotingSpectre
12-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Welcome to the forum you two. If you need anything then don't hesitate to contact Staff.

SoleDave FanofGirlsSoles
12-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Hi Everyone :D,

I'm new to the website although I have been reading and viewing the website for a few months now pretty much ever since the launch OUYA came out. My names David (Dave for Short) I'm from Oregon.

I'm a recreational gamer. I first heard about OUYA through Kickstarter's page like most of you did I'm sure. My parents just got me an OUYA for Merry Christmas, I can't wait to play it. I'll probably have to hold off for a few more days though before I can because I'm having my friend over spending a few days at my apartment on Tuesday. And he likes his Playstation so I probably won't have the time yet to gets things going with my OUYA like I'd like :frown-new: But I will soon. Also I think it's The Limited Edition White OUYA my parents got for me, so I'll see about taking some photos of it with my camera out of the Box and everything. And posting some on here. When I get the chance to when it's free time again for me. Since when my friend spends the night at my place he usually stays over for several days since he doesn't have any access to internet connection where he lives at like I do.

Any who, glad to be aboard this forum. Feel free to message me (PM) If you have any questions about my profile or anything what ever or just want to talk. I'm super tired now so I'm hitting the hay. And going to bed. Goodnight!

SoleDave

ElizabethLeach
01-06-2014, 10:52 AM
hello to the community .. joining the board fresh and counting it as a fair chance to get into the discussions on various topics keep arriving here at times in the sorts of forum areas

Monster
01-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Hi.

Killswitch
01-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Hi.

Hello.

Welcoming all the other new people too.
Enjoy your stay

Ant
01-17-2014, 05:08 AM
Hey ya'll just joined the forum. Got my ouya for christmas and so far im digging it. its got its positives and negatives but for now just wanted to introduce myself. you can call me ant ;)

Kaimega
01-17-2014, 05:09 AM
Welcome to the forums. Enjoy the games! :)

Killswitch
01-17-2014, 05:10 AM
Welcome to the nut hut.

Nightfall
01-17-2014, 05:26 AM
Welcome... TO THE JUNGLE! :D

yöbi
03-04-2014, 01:51 AM
Yo, how's it going my brehs?

Sluup
03-04-2014, 02:48 AM

Hello yöbi. Welcome to our family.

RiotingSpectre
03-04-2014, 11:44 AM

http://s18.postimg.org/tlyrvcand/ep1.jpg

Starfighter
03-04-2014, 12:01 PM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Flower-Waves-a-Shy-Hello-In-Bambi.gif

rocknflip
03-17-2014, 11:53 PM
Hi, im rocknflip

gonna be having my Ouya tomorrow through delivery! Besides Ouya i also love Playstation. im into Action / Adventure, Fighting Games & anything Retro!

Killswitch
03-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Usually this would be a first post not 16th :D
Welcome to the nut hut

[guess my picture link got removed]

Steven W. Hunt
03-23-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm Steven (obviously), but I answer to nearly anything, especially things that I can't repeat here.

This isn't my first post, but I never saw this topic before. I was almost an OUYA backer but certain circumstances prevented me at nigh-last minute. It's okay, though, because I just got mine earlier this month for $18. I love what it can do so far. I've got over 20 consoles and the OUYA's pretty much the only thing I've had on most of the month.

By my own admission, I'm not really good at anything, but I try. I use Game Maker and have been tinkering with Android and OUYA design. I'm first going to port some old stuff with added adjustments and then roll from there. One of the few things I haven't gotten too many complaints about is my voice acting; I was casting director and voice actor for Battle High 2 (http://www.battlehigh2.com/) (as well as marketing director) where I got to work with some known names in the industry including Kyle Hebert, Kira Buckland, and Tim Sutton. In a game I released last year for PC, I tapped Richard Epcar for the final boss' vocals. I'm actively looking for more work and networking in this field.

Apparently I'm not altogether terrible at character design, either. The character for my Pac-Man clone, Chomperman, has gotten favorable comments, and I've heard nothing about good things about a character my best friend (http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/16/164924/2609479-1979909838-Shade.png) and I designed 20 years ago, who I was able to get included as a background character in Skullgirls.

Other than gaming stuff, I like Ninja Turtles, martial arts, action figures, and volleyball.

Overall, I'm glad to be here, as it seems to be "the place" for OUYA stuff.

Killswitch
03-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the forum

littlegti84
04-08-2014, 11:45 PM
New to Ouya... So new in fact that I am waiting on mine to arrive. I ordered directly from Ouya 2 days ago.

I've been working at preparing for its arrival by setting up a dropbox account and reading up on rooting it and such.

Anxious to have android on the big screen

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

Haze
04-26-2014, 04:10 AM
Boo.

timmytot666
04-26-2014, 04:30 AM
:O you scared me! Welcome!

Wongstyle
04-26-2014, 09:02 AM
Hi everybody!

My name is Wong and i am new to the OUYA! But i'm already loving it! In the last two weeks, i spent more time playing with my OUYA than my PS4! :highly_amused:

Killswitch
04-26-2014, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the forum newbies.
Feel free to jump right in.

Sitting Fox
05-21-2014, 07:03 AM
Hey everyone,

I just stumbled across this thread and thought a little late is better than never for an introduction.

"Sitting Fox" is good enough for now, I suppose.I really enjoy programming and the like and have been at it for a good number of years . The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know. I like the puzzle solving aspect of programming though, as well as how you can create things, and I like to think that so long as I don't give up and keep at it, there's nothing I can't do.

I'm interested in making games of the adventure and RPG variety, though I'm open to outside that. I'm working on something now, but it's early on enough that it could really turn into another idea rather than the particular one I have in mind. I'll just keep at it and see where it takes me. I'd like to release whatever it ends up as on OUYA though.

I'm using the LÖVE/Love2D framework. I find it to be a more clear and simple XNA, which is where I have some past experience in.

I've had my OUYA a couple months now I believe. It's been great fun and a great inspiration. I've been bringing mine with me to the past couple holiday gatherings with the family, and it's been a hit. I've already had the youngest family member request I always bring it from now on.

I think that about covers it. See ya 'round.

DrunkPunk
05-21-2014, 07:07 AM
I'm interested in making games of the adventure and RPG variety

Now that's what I want to hear! We need more awesome RPG time sinks on our little grey box. :D

deader
06-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Hello everybody! Greetings from Poland!

Six months has passed since I bought my Ouya and it's getting better and cooler every month :D I decided to join the forum, "inspired" by recent release of "Unearthed". Seeing a release like that, I thought it might be nice to be up to date with Ouya related stuff :) So... here I am :D OU-YAHHH!!!

mmartino
06-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Hello everybody! Greetings from Poland!

Six months has passed since I bought my Ouya and it's getting better and cooler every month :D I decided to join the forum, "inspired" by recent release of "Unearthed". Seeing a release like that, I thought it might be nice to be up to date with Ouya related stuff :) So... here I am :D OU-YAHHH!!!

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to jump right in :)

Killswitch
06-21-2014, 12:14 AM
Welcome to the forum newjacks. Watch for that panda, he's sneaky.

Chromebookman
08-19-2014, 06:38 PM
Hello,

Complete newbie here even though I am probably one of the Senior Citizens (50's) just got my Ouya, love the content and premise just already set for Ouya 2 console on the Hardware side:-) I am always looking for new toys. On a personal side I don't know why but I tend to like the simple games over these malty million dollar games (have PS3, PS4, to commercial).

I live on the Coast in Washington State, new to the area native of Maine. Background is in Tech Support, Public Relations, Beta Testing. The Beta testing is where I get in to trouble with wanting the lastest toys on a limited pockbook :devilish:.

Glad to be with all you folks. Hope I can be a positive addition to this forum?

TigerClawRadio
08-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Let me be the first to say welcome! Always glad to see new (faces?) here. So what do you get into when you actually spend time on your Ouya?

ezraanderson
08-19-2014, 07:33 PM
~
Welcome, To the friendliest communities around.

Starfighter
08-19-2014, 09:34 PM
Welcome Chromebookman!

Sluup
08-19-2014, 10:05 PM
Welcome to the family! Glad to see a senor onboard the OUYA ship.

RiotingSpectre
08-19-2014, 11:16 PM
@Chromobookman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc4xD9UGPjg

Killswitch
08-20-2014, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the forum

Steven7
08-24-2014, 10:33 PM
ihttp://i.imgur.com/NppRXUN.png

@Chromebookman:

http://i.imgur.com/E7rAgjx.gif

Starfighter
10-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Generic name, generic post and a faked favorite video game (there is no game called only Mustafa). You'll have to give us more to go on, dude! :)

Nicholas Allen
10-14-2014, 12:02 AM
Hi everyone!

My name is Nic, and I've been excited about the idea of micro consoles for a long time now, and have been working on and off on an Ouya game since the kickstarter.

I officially started my career in the game industry working at Icarus Studios on the PC MMO Fallen Earth. Afterwards I spent time working for Oasys Mobile on several mobile(read: pre-iPhone) versions of popular franchises like Civilization and Pirates! After a short time away from the industry, I became one of the two founding members of Mighty Rabbit Studios, who are known for Saturday Morning RPG and Breach & Clear. Due to financial issues I yet again had to leave the industry for a short stint. I'm back now and currently work for Hazard Studios who recently released Scrap Squad for iOS and Android.

Throughout school and my professional career I've worked on dozens of personal projects. One of the most notable is Cylinder, a puzzle game which is currently available for xbox 360 indie game channel (which was previously available on iOS as well). Check out the CGR video review here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb_vPt7hbxw

I'm heavily interested in making action, adventure, platforming and rpg games, or any combination of those genres. In addition to my personal projects, I've been working with a few friends on an action adventure game for Ouya as our primary target, and I hope to share screenshots of it soon!

Killswitch
10-14-2014, 02:24 AM
Welcome Nic, how about getting the ones you worked on to port over to OUYA too :D

trizznilla
11-04-2014, 04:17 AM
Better late than never...
My name is Troy, my Ouya name is trizznilla like my handle here. Been playing games since '76. Thought I was the oldest one here but chromebookman wins that award. Started with a JCPenny Sports Arcade (Pong, but claimed it was soccer, tennis, hockey, and Jai 'Ali), moved on to the 2600, then the industry crashed. Grampa got me a computer since he was a nerd and wanted a nerdling to follow in his footsteps. Fell out of gaming and was an athlete for a while, but then Double Dragon pulled me back into the arcade. NES arrived and blew my mind, Capcom and Konami games molded me into the Ninja Gamer I became when I was playing the hardest of the hardcore Sega Genesis games. I think my gaming Nirvana experience arrived when Gunstar Heroes and Landstalker arrived in stores the day I found a used copy of M.U.S.H.A after beating Lightning Force on mania difficulty without losing a single life. Imported a copy of Dracula X for Turbo CD to ensure that I wouldn't get laid for an entire summer. Never picked a side since a real gamer plays everything, but after a stint working Xbox customer support I'll never give Microsoft another penny. Now that I have a 5yr old and a 1 yr old, I can't 'no life' an open world rpg anymore, so I picked up an android tablet in the hopes that the browser could somehow play flash games on Kongregate.com. Found out that android is basically Linux, joined Google plus because Facebook seemed to be ruining the lives of others around me. Found a post about the Ouya, and the idea of an open android device with hdmi and a controller that you could do anything with just blew my mind. I figured at the very least I could use the browser to stream low quality video off of fast pass TV... Fast forward to my birthday, I find an Ouya at Target. My wife surprises me with a ps4. Hook 'em both up, realize that the ps4 is a ps3 with spectacular lighting and no games. Realize that the Ouya is more than I ever expected, xbmc changed my entertainment life, and my kids are laughing and enjoying that little silver box more than anything else on the TV. All while respecting my wallet!

That was a wall of text, but it's only a portion of my gaming tastes and background. I am saddened that a Google search of 'Ouya' only brings back doom, gloom and despair. But on the other hand, it keeps dumbass turdheads out of this community while they bitch and moan that the new systems aren't the second coming of Jesus Christ in COD form. Let them pour money into an industry that they insist is abusing them with dlc, I'll be over here with you guys squeezing enjoyment out of 99 cents!

Schizophretard
11-04-2014, 04:38 AM
Better late than never...
My name is Troy, my Ouya name is trizznilla like my handle here. Been playing games since '76. Thought I was the oldest one here but chromebookman wins that award. Started with a JCPenny Sports Arcade (Pong, but claimed it was soccer, tennis, hockey, and Jai 'Ali), moved on to the 2600, then the industry crashed. Grampa got me a computer since he was a nerd and wanted a nerdling to follow in his footsteps. Fell out of gaming and was an athlete for a while, but then Double Dragon pulled me back into the arcade. NES arrived and blew my mind, Capcom and Konami games molded me into the Ninja Gamer I became when I was playing the hardest of the hardcore Sega Genesis games. I think my gaming Nirvana experience arrived when Gunstar Heroes and Landstalker arrived in stores the day I found a used copy of M.U.S.H.A after beating Lightning Force on mania difficulty without losing a single life. Imported a copy of Dracula X for Turbo CD to ensure that I wouldn't get laid for an entire summer. Never picked a side since a real gamer plays everything, but after a stint working Xbox customer support I'll never give Microsoft another penny. Now that I have a 5yr old and a 1 yr old, I can't 'no life' an open world rpg anymore, so I picked up an android tablet in the hopes that the browser could somehow play flash games on Kongregate.com. Found out that android is basically Linux, joined Google plus because Facebook seemed to be ruining the lives of others around me. Found a post about the Ouya, and the idea of an open android device with hdmi and a controller that you could do anything with just blew my mind. I figured at the very least I could use the browser to stream low quality video off of fast pass TV... Fast forward to my birthday, I find an Ouya at Target. My wife surprises me with a ps4. Hook 'em both up, realize that the ps4 is a ps3 with spectacular lighting and no games. Realize that the Ouya is more than I ever expected, xbmc changed my entertainment life, and my kids are laughing and enjoying that little silver box more than anything else on the TV. All while respecting my wallet!

That was a wall of text, but it's only a portion of my gaming tastes and background. I am saddened that a Google search of 'Ouya' only brings back doom, gloom and despair. But on the other hand, it keeps dumbass turdheads out of this community while they bitch and moan that the new systems aren't the second coming of Jesus Christ in COD form. Let them pour money into an industry that they insist is abusing them with dlc, I'll be over here with you guys squeezing enjoyment out of 99 cents!

Welcome. :p I enjoyed your post.

God_Eater
11-04-2014, 09:43 AM
Hey guys been on here a few days now didn't realize there was an introductory thread - 24 from Bonnie Scotland got my Ouya a couple of weeks ago im an avid gamer liked them since I was young like 2 or 3 thanks to my brother and the trend has never stopped only grew I honestly had little to no interest in Ouya but after I began to tinker with the idea of using a spare PC to make a pure emulator system for my TV I then came across the Ouya and things you can do - WOW not looked back best 100 pound I ever spent even SPMC has now became my main mode for TV. Best gaming memory's really from the SNES to PSX age - What exactly has happened to gaming now a days out of hundreds of new games only 1 or 2 are really good on mainstream systems even PC's are losing there way :s anyways there's my boring story :D

tozeleal
11-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Hi guys im Tozé Leal! Im from Portugal and i have got 18 years old. My english writing isn't the best, BUT you can understand moreless :S.
Im Ouya gamer, Ouya developer, and a ouya enthusiast!
I love to play ouya games, SPECIALY with friends, and family!

You can contact me on:
Youtube - www.youtube.com/tozeleal
facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/tozelealyoutube
Twitter - @tozeleal
Webpage - www.tozeleal.no.sapo.pt

Juuzou
11-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Hi hi.

http://i.imgur.com/qsReCmb.gif

Eldon.McGuinness
11-11-2014, 11:19 PM
Eldon McGuinness at your service! I'm certain many of you have seen me around the forums and I just wanted to say hey...so hey! :D If you see me online make sure you say hey and keep an eye out if you like to participate in multiplayer games as I am always trying to get my game on with other OUYAns.

I am a freelance writer and programmer and my OUYA has become my go to device for having a great time! I have made a few apps for the OUYA, if you are interested in seeing what they are then please check my signature below as I will keep it update with links to the latest and greatest.

tozeleal
11-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Hi hi.

http://i.imgur.com/qsReCmb.gif

Hi dear friend :) do want to play some ouya games with me?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

TigerClawRadio
11-12-2014, 02:26 PM
My name is Alex and I'm a 30 year old IT professional living in Maryland with my wife and two kids. I got my Ouya about a year ago and it became the most played gaming system in my house. I haven't done any real game designing but I do have a copy of MultiMedia Fusion 2 and I have been playing with a few sprites lately.

I also run a video games related podcast called Tiger Claw Radio which has been on the air since January 2009.
http://www.tigerclawradio.podomatic.com

Jeffry84
11-12-2014, 05:21 PM
I was sure I introduced myself a couple of times but it seems not here..? By the way, I'm Jeffry (my real name is Gianfranco but people actually call me Jeffry or Jeff), Italian, 30 years old at the moment of writing, extremely handsome, master of the chatbox and Killswitch's personal troublemaker!
I can't program even though I'd like to, but I like to translate apps and games :)

TheDavyStar
11-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Hiya, my name is David. I live in Ireland, and I have actually been a gamer for a very small amount of time compared to others. I have been playing games for nearly seven years, and I suppose you could say I have been in the "hardcore gaming" scene for about 3 years now. I'm still at school, and though I don't do very many subjects about game development, I really, really, really hope that I can get frips with Construct 2, or band together with some other gaming enthusiasts so I can start making games. I have a ton of scrutinises and developed ideas in my head I am just waiting to release from my mind.

Magler
11-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Hi, I'm Tomi 22 years old from Finland. I love to play with consoles especially with xbox 360 (over 200 games) yes I'm collector too. Then I have Wii U and 3DS [NNID: Chakaloco] feel free to add me if you like. But most of the time I have my Ouya controller in my hands. I play dungeon crawler games and try new free games!

When I play Ouya alone I usually listen trance, house, etc same time. Not mainstream but those Indie artists from youtube and soundcloud.

nunnerz
11-14-2014, 04:56 AM
Hi, I'm Dan. I'm 28 and live in Washington State (US). I might be as casual a gamer as is possible. Growing up I played some PC games but never really messed with consoles all that much. I got an Ouya around the same time I started getting more interested in indie games. My favorite studios/developers these days are Vlambeer, Santa Ragione, Matt Thorson, Locomalito, Landon Podbielski, and the Arcane Kids.

wienersoup
11-14-2014, 08:11 AM
26 years old from Ohio. My real first name idI've had an ouya since April when I bought a used kickstarter model off Amazon, which is nice to have, I kinda wish id shelled out for a newer one with some fixes.

I've wanted to look into development, as I hadn't tried making a game since using rpgmaker 2000, but I had a hard enough time making a worthy game with it that I've kinda been intimidated to try it now in addition to working on music. A project known as my forum and twitter namesake from long before joining this forum, which is a modification of a goofy nickname I acquired from some old friends of mine, and just dealing with life, in the mean time I've been glad to be a supporter of the games. I also own a game stick.

I've been an on and off radio show host on both the web and on fm radio, but my day job is working for the us. Post office.

Endzeitkind
11-14-2014, 10:02 PM
Hi,

my name's Timm, I'm 28 years old and from germany. I just bought an OUYA 3 days ago and loving it so far. I followed the development but waited a little while because I didn't own anything with an HDMI input. I still just own a TV with a tube but hopefully that changes in a couple of days :D
I make videos about indie games on my german YouTube channel and hope to get a hold of an Elgato grabber to capture OUYA footage too, so I can record and stream games to hitbox.tv :)

I think about making a game for years now, but I'm easily discouraged and don't know where to start. Maybe the OUYA will change that.

I love indie games and hope the OUYA will live a long life!

anatomality
11-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Hi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTkZt8r2lko Endzeit ?

Welcome to the forum sir! this is where the party is!

Also my introduction!

Hi everyone, I'm a 25 year old dude living in Montreal Canada. I'm a busy guy but when I have time to play video games, OUYA is my choice. My g-f bought me a retail version of the console back in September 2013, because it looked like something I would enjoy... and damn do I ever enjoy it! I have purchased like 400$ of games so far so... yea. Probably haven't played most of the games that I have but that doesn't matter.

If anyone is in mtl and wants to hang out and play games, I'm totally in. See y'all on the flippity flop.

Pat1986
11-14-2014, 11:26 PM
Hi,

my name's Timm, I'm 28 years old and from germany. I just bought an OUYA 3 days ago and loving it so far. I followed the development but waited a little while because I didn't own anything with an HDMI input. I still just own a TV with a tube but hopefully that changes in a couple of days :D
I make videos about indie games on my german YouTube channel and hope to get a hold of an Elgato grabber to capture OUYA footage too, so I can record and stream games to hitbox.tv :)

I think about making a game for years now, but I'm easily discouraged and don't know where to start. Maybe the OUYA will change that.

I love indie games and hope the OUYA will live a long life!

Hi! I see you're from Dortmund as well. Which Part of town?

mmartino
11-19-2014, 03:37 PM
Most people here already know me. My name is Matthew but you all can call me MM, mmart, Martini, Panda or whatever else you can think of. As long as I know you mean me, I will respond lol. I live in Pittsburgh PA and I'm about half as old as Killswitch, our resident senior on the forum :p

Love being a part of the forum and relaxing after a day of work with my Ouya controller in my hands :D

BlueBerryShadow
11-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Just purchased my Ouya. Going really big into android gaming right now, and figured I would pick up this little guy. Mostly using it as an emulator right now, but holding hope that better game will release. Like XCOM. I am looking forward to becoming active in the Ouya community, and am considering looking into developing for Ouya. Nice to meet all of you. :star:

Killswitch
11-23-2014, 04:36 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Kaimega
11-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Just purchased my Ouya. Going really big into android gaming right now, and figured I would pick up this little guy. Mostly using it as an emulator right now, but holding hope that better game will release. Like XCOM. I am looking forward to becoming active in the Ouya community, and am considering looking into developing for Ouya. Nice to meet all of you. :star:

Welcome to the forum, I do hope you check out all the games for it, as there are more than meets the eye! :)

BlueBerryShadow
11-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the forum, I do hope you check out all the games for it, as there are more than meets the eye! :)

Yes still digging through the games lol. When I was dong a bit of research on it before I bought, I found a few games I was interested in. Once I got the console however, I found many many more. :P Already about used my 8b of memory. Considering getting a flash drive to hold the rest lol.

Isaac H.
11-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Isaac Hyman and I'm from Bowling Green, KY. I have been a huge gamer since I was about 7, I have an OUYA and love it. My OUYA username is SatchelGizmo, but in some games it's just Isaac H. Along with my OUYA I have an Xbox One, but I still find myself playing the OUYA more often. I have been in this community for about a year, but have really gotten into it in the last few months. I hope to be here and playing my OUYA for years to come!

jrrulli
11-24-2014, 12:02 AM
Hello,
My name is James, I'm not a ouya owner yet, but I am looking to be soon... I was thinking of waiting to see what this game system has to offer first....My neighbor does own one and he plays a lot with it. He does allow me to play it as well when I have time... I do alot of traveling with my job and that keeps alway from playing. I hope this game system is much more fun than an xbox or a playstation. I,m just looking for something that is more affordable to play with. Thanks...

Another World
11-24-2014, 04:08 AM
Hello OUYAforum (winks towards RiotingSpectre),

I am a content administrator for GBAtemp.net, currently wearing the hat of OUYA video game reviewer. I've always been a huge proponent of homebrew and Indie gaming development. I was heavily involved in the GBA scene (towards the end) and the entirety of the DS scene. During that time I helped to get a lot of projects completed through beta testing and by raising general awareness. I've hacked and used homebrew on pretty much everything I can get my hands on. The OUYA seemed like a natural fit for me, so last year I picked up the limited white OUYA. I've been enjoying it ever since.

-Another World

Fecz
11-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Hello, My name is Federico and im from Uruguay, i been lurking arroung the forum since a few months ago but i dont post a lot since im not all that good at English, but i will try to post more in the near future.-
I Hope to have fun with you guys.-

Schizophretard
11-25-2014, 02:41 AM
Hi, I'm Brent. I'm a retro video game collector and I joined OUYAForum because... Hi, I'm Brent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk7WuvNKe_g

Vanity
12-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Hi, I'm William from France.

Looks quite dead here, but I wanted to introduce myself.
Purchased the OUYA for Christmas, and I love it.

Looking forward to discovering new things on this board with you guys!
Cya.

télécharger album gratuit (http://leakdmusic.com)

Killswitch
12-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the forum.

freestile
01-04-2015, 05:35 AM
Hi everyone. New Ouya user. Been into home-brew games and the like for quite some time. Really took off with it when the Sega Dreamcast came out. Games, Music and Computersare pretty much my three main hobbies at the moment. I like taking my machines and hacking/modding/exploiting etc etc. I was able to root the ouya with no problem and install the play store and get it up and running, but I haven't downloaded are tried anything yet. I'd like to probably get into that aspect more and more into maybe looking into like custom launchers, dashboards, (not sure what there called in the Ouya) etc etc. Really making your Ouya Personalized. At the same time I got my Ouya I got two gamesticks and right away put cfw 1.4 on them which makes then pretty much droid 4.1 sticks. Been having fun with them so much that I haven't really messed with my Ouya. Ran through Xbmc on Ouya a little to see how it worked/s. Seemed to work fine. Other then that I'm sure I'll have some more questions in the future, as I have ideas of things I'd
like to do with the Ouya, and I'm not sure whether there possible or not, so with that said I'll ask questions when I need answers. lol!!

metateen
01-24-2015, 07:51 PM
My name is ***** but just call me Meta, former Legend. I am 18

I am indie game developer,Writer,Composer,Animator and Comic book maker. I've been on the Ouya band wagon after I discovered it's existence. Been trying to develop a few games on the Ouya but have been caught up doing other work had my hands full on trying to stable my time online. A very exhausted part of actions that came across as just a work aholic and what not.

I develop games on GM:Studio personally been considering going over to Unity for development but still am considering it.

If you're ever open for discussion I'm always open~

Killswitch
01-24-2015, 08:06 PM
Hello Mr *****, welcome to the forum.

mari32timo
03-18-2015, 02:53 PM
Hi! My name is Andreas and i´m from Sweden.I´m 32 years old and have always loved indie games. I doesnt have a ouya console yet but i have ordered one and expecting it to be in my hands within a week or so. Looking forward to be a part of this forum.

-Mari32timo

Killswitch
03-18-2015, 03:03 PM
Another member from Sweden, welcome to the nut hut.

Ullukai
05-05-2015, 03:28 AM
Hello there !
I make video games and techno music.
Jus check my birthday page on my site to try out my free songs if u want.
I like to recreate dreams into video games and also make techno music.
also:
http://www.donankleer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/way_the_4th_awesome.jpg

Killswitch
05-05-2015, 03:54 AM
Welcome to the nuthut

Steven7
05-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Welcome and enjoy your visits

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liberto22
11-13-2015, 08:21 AM
Hello guys,

I just joined into this forum. I would like to introduce myself with all of you. I love to read new books and travel onto various places.

Waiting for your greetings here.

Schizophretard
11-13-2015, 08:53 AM
Greetings. :)

Kaimega
11-13-2015, 02:04 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Jeffry84
11-13-2015, 04:37 PM
Hi, and welcome!

DrunkPunk
11-13-2015, 04:59 PM
Hello. :)

Warzard
11-14-2015, 12:29 AM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/gamingdatabase/images/a/a5/Halo_logo.jpg

Victor Coleiro
11-14-2015, 12:56 AM
Welcome. Also, be weary of Warzard above. It's rumored he once strangled a chicken using mind control alone.

Warzard
11-14-2015, 01:11 AM
Welcome. Also, be weary of Warzard above. It's rumored he once strangled a chicken using mind control alone.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm9z94wNUe1qgs0sio1_400.gif

Mindtaking all day baby!

Liberto22
11-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Thanks a lot guys. Really glad to get your warm welcome. LOL!

underground
01-03-2016, 10:26 PM
Hello to all the forum membres !!!

My name is Fran, I´m from Spain and I am 43.

I have the OUYA about two years ago, but I just discovered this forum only a few days ago. I enjoy with retro style games ( well, at 43, it could be said that I am also a little retro hahaha ).

I started programming with the early 8-bit micro computers, more exactly with the ZX Spectrum 48k, with I made some little games in basic. Later I continued making software on the PC, some serious software for my work (databases, work managing etc) and some games using DIV Games Studio for MS-DOS. Then came some years that I had very little time to program (work, family, etc), till 2012 when I started to develop for Android devices.

Now I have some apps and games on GooglePlay and AppStore, and I recently published my very first game to the OUYA that you can see in this thread http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?16786-Angry-Ranook-Underground-Developments&highlight=ranook and my wish is to continue developing for the OUYA (and Razer when it arrives).

Well, no more speaking by now, that´s a long introducing post hahaha.

Regards,
Fran

DrunkPunk
01-04-2016, 07:20 AM
Glad to have you on the forums.

Cheers! :D

Artist-Friend
01-25-2016, 04:06 AM
Hi, guys! Have a great day ahead! How's everyone? I'm having a good start on this forum. A lot of threads seem interesting and quite different. Good to be one of you here. Cheers!

lostcause1234
05-03-2016, 09:30 PM
a wet cucumber

Toasterkidd
05-03-2016, 10:47 PM
I don't think I ever posted in this. Oops!

Well my name is Liam, But you'll know me as ToasterKidd (not Toasterkiddd with three D's. That was actually a typo on my part, Lol!)

I mostly game on my OUYA and Playstation 4. However, I'm very much into my Samsung Galaxy S7 as it's a bloody powerhouse!

You may know me from, urm

Yeah.

mrpuppt
03-21-2017, 12:01 AM
So, I'm late to the party it would seem! I heard about the OUYA back in the day, but didn't manage to get one until a few weeks ago off of Ebay! Gotta say... as a retro gamer, I'm in heaven with all of the emulators. :D

I've been gaming since the days of pong in the 1970's, and have multiple systems in my collection. Were I forced to choose a fave(s), I would put the TurboGrafX-16 and the Dreamcast on the top of the list.

When I'm not playing games, I'm heavily involved in community theatre where I live. I've acted in dozens of shows over the years, and love the opportunity to make someone laugh/smile. You never know what an audience member is dealing with, going through, etc... Offering them an escape, a chance to go someplace else for a few hours and just forget life... that could be just what they need to get through whatever. Just like my sig says... "making the world a better place... one laugh at a time". I'm also on staff with the Official Alabama Renaissance Faire, as a living history reenactor. I love the medieval/renaissance time period, and enjoy sharing that love with others. Also, I work with teens and college kids... doing my best to help them make the right choices, while giving them positive experiences that they can hopefully carry through the rest of their lives.

Still getting a handle on this amazing little machine and all it can do. :)

flamepanther
03-21-2017, 01:27 PM
Welcome aboard! I'm afraid the scene's not as active as it once was, but we're still around to discuss this radical little cube :)

mrpuppt
03-22-2017, 03:06 AM
Welcome aboard! I'm afraid the scene's not as active as it once was, but we're still around to discuss this radical little cube :)

Thanks... radical is a good choice for a description. I've been attracted to systems that most of the rest of the world passes up on it seems. I was like the only one I knew that bought a TurboGrafx-16 machine. I was one of the few who bought an Atari Jaguar... the underappreciated systems or those that just didn't sell well, I find myself attracted to them as much or more than the popular ones.

flamepanther
03-22-2017, 01:07 PM
Thanks... radical is a good choice for a description. I've been attracted to systems that most of the rest of the world passes up on it seems. I was like the only one I knew that bought a TurboGrafx-16 machine. I was one of the few who bought an Atari Jaguar... the underappreciated systems or those that just didn't sell well, I find myself attracted to them as much or more than the popular ones.
Coincidentally, I just bought a PC Engine Duo R, speaking of TG16...

Killswitch
03-23-2017, 11:33 AM
Late to the party is right...there's only diet soda and crackers left

Hi

Retrowurst
03-28-2017, 10:42 AM
Welcome :)

Better late than never... one question: how did you manage to sign in on your newly acquired OUYA? Was there already an account installed and you're continuing to use it, or...?

Thalia
09-12-2018, 01:53 AM
Hi, I'm the newest member of the community, I am a Web Designer by profession in an online store that offers cat supplies (https://www.petstreetmall.com/cat-supplies/) such as beds, toys, litter box, carriers and many more. Please welcome me. :)