PDA

View Full Version : Reboot ouya from controler

strike0408
04-01-2014, 03:39 AM
Is there anyway to reboot ouya from the controller itself? like on a ATV you can hold down the menu and down arrow button and it will reboot the system. is there anyway of doing something like that with the ouya?

timmytot666
04-01-2014, 04:04 AM
Nope

Sent from my PMID4311 using Tapatalk 2

strike0408
04-01-2014, 04:36 AM
Nope

Sent from my PMID4311 using Tapatalk 2
thx, thought so.... maybe they might add that feature 1 day...?

Pat1986
04-01-2014, 07:44 AM
its possible when you put the console into sleepmode

Toilet
04-01-2014, 08:11 AM
with this you can
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot

flamepanther
04-01-2014, 08:16 AM
I believe Strike is talking about having a hotkey combination to force a reboot, not a shutdown menu/app.

The closest thing currently is double-tapping the home button to bring up the system menu, which you can use to enter sleep mode or force-quit the game. That still involves a menu, and it isn't an actual reboot.

Pat1986
04-01-2014, 08:19 AM
ouya is definitely missing a hard reset feature, not only sleep mode.

strike0408
04-01-2014, 11:52 PM
I believe Strike is talking about having a hotkey combination to force a reboot, not a shutdown menu/app.

The closest thing currently is double-tapping the home button to bring up the system menu, which you can use to enter sleep mode or force-quit the game. That still involves a menu, and it isn't an actual reboot.
yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. a way to force reboot ouya with controller. o-well hopefully they will add this feature 1 day. I've had ouya freeze on me once in awhile and would be nice to reboot from controller instead of having to use the power button on ouya or pull the power on it,to reboot it....

Nitrogen_Widget
04-02-2014, 12:45 AM
ouya is definitely missing a hard reset feature, not only sleep mode.

I haven't rebooted or shut down my ouya in months.
months.
it still works fine.
I don't even bother putting it in sleep mode when i'm done either.

Same with my android tablet.
Though that shuts off the screen after a few.

Android doesn't really need a reset button.
It's the nature of the OS.

and if you need to reset your ouya because of some weird issue?
Get off your arse & press the button.

jeez.
I know people who will search their living room for 20 mins just to find the remote for the TV and miss their show when all they had to do was walk over to the TV and hit the button.
Don't be one of those people. :)

cseba00
04-04-2014, 06:38 PM
I haven't rebooted or shut down my ouya in months.
months.
it still works fine.
I don't even bother putting it in sleep mode when i'm done either.

Same with my android tablet.
Though that shuts off the screen after a few.

Android doesn't really need a reset button.
It's the nature of the OS.

and if you need to reset your ouya because of some weird issue?
Get off your arse & press the button.

jeez.
I know people who will search their living room for 20 mins just to find the remote for the TV and miss their show when all they had to do was walk over to the TV and hit the button.
Don't be one of those people. :)

Ouya's sleep mode doesn't turn off my external USB drive, that's a pretty big deal for me, so sleep mode is never an option. in fact, i don't really see the difference between sleep mode and turning off the TV... it's useless, there should be an option to turn off the console altogether from the system menu at least. A button combo would be good too.

spinal
04-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Should be part of the menu when you double tap the (U) button.

Nitrogen_Widget
04-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Ouya's sleep mode doesn't turn off my external USB drive, that's a pretty big deal for me, so sleep mode is never an option. in fact, i don't really see the difference between sleep mode and turning off the TV... it's useless, there should be an option to turn off the console altogether from the system menu at least. A button combo would be good too.

Your TV doesn't turn off you know.
It goes into sleep mode also.

cseba00
04-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Your TV doesn't turn off you know.
It goes into sleep mode also.
I think you're right, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't see the point in sleeping the ouya, all it does is switch the hdmi output off, it doesn't turn my usb drive off. So it's the same that turning off the TV. If the TV is off, or sleeping, the screen is off, same as sleeping the Ouya, so, the sleep mode is useless. If it was running on batteries I can see the point of going into sleep mode. Also my PS3 controller doesn't turn off when ouya is "sleeping", wasting it's charge for no reason.

Nitrogen_Widget
04-04-2014, 08:28 PM
I think you're right, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't see the point in sleeping the ouya, all it does is switch the hdmi output off, it doesn't turn my usb drive off. So it's the same that turning off the TV. If the TV is off, or sleeping, the screen is off, same as sleeping the Ouya, so, the sleep mode is useless. If it was running on batteries I can see the point of going into sleep mode. Also my PS3 controller doesn't turn off when ouya is "sleeping", wasting it's charge for no reason.

I turn my PS3 controller off by holding the home button.
Why can't you just press the button on the ouya to turn it off?

I mean you gotta get up to turn it on anyways once it is off and you aren't going to leave your controllers laying around are you?

Remote controls don't work if the device is fully powered off.
Every device made that you can turn on & off remotely is actually in sleep mode.
They are never fully powered off.

mmartino
04-04-2014, 08:51 PM

You are correct! You do not have to put into sleep mode. You do not have to turn off your tv either but most people do power these things off to save electricity but if this isn't a concern of yours then yeah by all means leave it on! No other reason to ever turn anything off that isn't on battery if you don't want to and can afford it.

cseba00
04-04-2014, 09:04 PM
I turn my PS3 controller off by holding the home button.
Why can't you just press the button on the ouya to turn it off?

I mean you gotta get up to turn it on anyways once it is off and you aren't going to leave your controllers laying around are you?

Remote controls don't work if the device is fully powered off.
Every device made that you can turn on & off remotely is actually in sleep mode.
They are never fully powered off.

Yes I know that, but take a laptop for example, suspending your laptop stops everything and leaves only the ram powered. Ouya's sleep mode does not turn anything but the display off. I don't remember but I think it doesn't even turn sound off, when I get home I will test this out...
BTW, I didn't know pressing the sync button on the PS3 controller turned it off, i will be trying that today as well, thanx

Kaimega
04-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Yes I know that, but take a laptop for example, suspending your laptop stops everything and leaves only the ram powered. Ouya's sleep mode does not turn anything but the display off. I don't remember but I think it doesn't even turn sound off, when I get home I will test this out...
BTW, I didn't know pressing the sync button on the PS3 controller turned it off, i will be trying that today as well, thanx

if you are running processes then sleep mode has little effect. But if you are at the launcher and run sleep mode, things shut down like Wifi.

Steven7
04-04-2014, 09:38 PM
with this you can
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot

yeah that's what i use

if you are running processes then sleep mode has little effect. But if you are at the launcher and run sleep mode, things shut down like Wifi.

see i didnt know why but my girlfriend one day said i was still logged into Facebook while she was at work but i had put my OUYA to sleep soo i logged out thinking wifi still works when put to sleep