PDA

View Full Version : CyanogenMod11 (kitkat 4.4.2) using Eternity Project Bootloader

Jake Friedel
03-27-2014, 03:32 AM
So I got CM11 running through EP Bootloader...

http://youtu.be/kvHR9Pb61Rg

shadow1w2
03-27-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm so tempted to do this on my machine but I dunno how much of a benefit it would be.
I am getting tired of the Ouya menu and its lack of customization though.
Any special features I'm missing out on here?

Jake Friedel
03-27-2014, 10:20 PM
I'm so tempted to do this on my machine but I dunno how much of a benefit it would be.
I am getting tired of the Ouya menu and its lack of customization though.
Any special features I'm missing out on here?

Well... I actually prefer the Ouya Enhanced rom which is just Jackalope (newest Ouya firmware) with a few modifications to make it better. The only reason I could recommend CM11 is that it's based on KitKat. With it being based on KitKat it has a much smaller system resource footprint and you will definitely see improvements in how games play and overall performance in general, I also noticed my wireless connection and download speeds were better in CM11. On the negative side of CM11, you will always have the buttom tray at the bottom of your screen as you would on a tablet (which is annoying in XBMC) and I find it a bit difficult to navigate around if you are just using the Ouya gamepad. Pretty much what I'm saying is, we MUST stress to the Ouya team that they need to build an Ouya rom around KitKat, it performs so much better!

fireballs
03-27-2014, 11:22 PM
Well... I actually prefer the Ouya Enhanced rom which is just Jackalope (newest Ouya firmware) with a few modifications to make it better. The only reason I could recommend CM11 is that it's based on KitKat. With it being based on KitKat it has a much smaller system resource footprint and you will definitely see improvements in how games play and overall performance in general, I also noticed my wireless connection and download speeds were better in CM11. On the negative side of CM11, you will always have the buttom tray at the bottom of your screen as you would on a tablet (which is annoying in XBMC) and I find it a bit difficult to navigate around if you are just using the Ouya gamepad. Pretty much what I'm saying is, we MUST stress to the Ouya team that they need to build an Ouya rom around KitKat, it performs so much better!

How does external storage work? With kit Kat Google supposedly wrote out external storage.

shadow1w2
04-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Dunno about the storage thing but it seems to me they would get a huge backlash for removing it from the OS completely.
However building a version of KitKat that brings it back can't be too hard really.

It would be nice if the Ouya devs could rebuild on Kitkat already.
While they might be too focused on Ouya 2 and moving the Ouya market to other platforms to really bother upgrading the old system.

I'd love to see a Cyangen modded for TV devices including the Ouya though.

barkas
04-06-2014, 08:48 AM
How does external storage work? With kit Kat Google supposedly wrote out external storage.

Cyanogenmod stayed with the old storage permissions.

--
That does put a damper on our relationship.

Chickenlump
04-22-2014, 12:27 AM
I spent last week learning and installing CM11 on my OUYA. It was ALMOST a fun experience. Netflix was playing in full HD, the Play Store and all of my favorite Google apps were there, and everything I loved about Android was there. I go to install my favorite emulators, and suddenly I experience controller lag. With stock OUYA firmware, I never experienced lag, even if it was only a split second, it was enough to ruin it for me. I played around for a couple of days, and it was kind of neat. But I missed playing games, and after a couple of days without games I became a husk of a man, so I re-installed stock OUYA this morning, and everything is good and back to normal (that is... my controller works great with all my favorite games). I'd love to have the best of both worlds, but I suppose that's where OUYA Everywhere comes into play, on some other device.