PDA

View Full Version : Voidkeeper Ouya

Kurotatsu
03-16-2014, 08:27 AM
Voidkeeper

Howdy folks!

I've been working on a stealth action game called Voidkeeper for some time now and think I'm approaching a time where a demo release is near.:pride:

I'd be honored if you all would have a look it, and give me your thoughts.

The demo currently features 2 levels with 10 missions a piece.

Demo release to be announced.

Still considering my kickstarter campaign, so your input on that front would be appreciated as well.

Updated Movement 4-9-14:

http://youtu.be/svZeqaLNHUY

Video prior to mecanim from Development:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi4-N7aq9o8

timmytot666
03-16-2014, 11:34 AM
Looks like metal gear with some good platforming options. I'm pretty interested.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Kurotatsu
03-16-2014, 04:48 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I love jumping from roof to roof in it, and in future levels not shown in the demo, jumping to areas will play a large part as well.

I should note that this video was recorded, prior to a fix I made to the GUI, and on screen hud. Now the Gui position and resize to fit any t.v. screen and aspect ratio.

undftdroar
03-16-2014, 04:53 PM
looking forward to this, was just thinking we needed a stealth action game.

Kurotatsu
03-16-2014, 05:01 PM
If you love Tenchu this game is for you. I'm also leaning towards fantasy elements as well.

While one can cruise through the levels as a hack and slash, the real points are in stealthkills.

Kaimega
03-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Lots of people have been looking for a NInja game, this looks like it will fit the bill quite nicely :)

Some things I want to mention:

The animation seems to move slower than the actual movement, Speeding up the animation will certainly help this. (Squashing the keyframes closer together).

The menus seem a bit messy? softening the background would help with this. (Though maybe it is just cause I am seeing this from my laptop instead of my TV :))

Otherwise this seems like it will be something quite good. Rock on dude!

Hugo
03-16-2014, 05:28 PM
If you love Tenchu this game is for you.

That's a big assumption to make, and based on the provided video, I'm not entirely sure that's going to be the case. How close to the finished product is this?

Kurotatsu
03-16-2014, 05:28 PM
Lots of people have been looking for a NInja game, this looks like it will fit the bill quite nicely :)

Some things I want to mention:

The animation seems to move slower than the actual movement, Speeding up the animation will certainly help this. (Squashing the keyframes closer together).

The menus seem a bit messy? softening the background would help with this. (Though maybe it is just cause I am seeing this from my laptop instead of my TV :))

Otherwise this seems like it will be something quite good. Rock on dude!

Tim Graupman made the same suggestions to me last week when this video was made. The current build has those very adjustment made.:D

I'm away from my elgato, so recording an updated video isn't possible today. I'll try to post one within the week.

Kurotatsu
03-16-2014, 05:36 PM
That's a big assumption to make, and based on the provided video, I'm not entirely sure that's going to be the case. How close to the finished product is this?

Of course you are right, though I'd ask you keep in mind how much I've had to cut and optimize this game to play on the Ouya.

Many of the gameplay elements(cut scene stealthkills and such), and shaders, and god forbid vegetation have been removed just because I'm hell bent on trying to get this available to the Ouya.

And as I had trouble with a grappling system, I opted for implementing a force jump, and double jump gameplay.

I'm just saying comprimises had to be made for this platform, and know I reference Tenchu as what was my inspiration not wanting to just make a clone.

As far as how close it is to finished goes:

beta testing currently to see what all I can squeeze out of the Ouya.(Also considering taking on testers, depending on interest.)

I'm still implementing the unlockable system for everything(which won't require actual money, your funds will be earned in game via your points earned on missions).

And elements are already in for a customizable character on the player model, but it still needs polishing.

Kurotatsu
04-10-2014, 02:26 AM
Updated original post with a video.

Decided to move Voidkeeper to Unity4, as there's been some mention of my animations flow, so here's an update of the player using mecanim in a demo level.

Mind ya I'm changing out the current run as it's a little TOO prancy for our favorite stealthkiller.lol

mmartino
04-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Wow the movement has been improved a lot. Coming along nicely. If you do open up for beta testing shoot me a PM, I would love to help you get this to the Ouya!

rosse119
04-10-2014, 01:24 PM
I like how this looks, it seems like the animations don't match the speed of the movements to me.

Kurotatsu
04-10-2014, 11:34 PM
I like how this looks, it seems like the animations don't match the speed of the movements to me.

Didja just watch the development video?

The update video shows the new movement system I'm working to impliment.

Aaron Mallory
04-14-2014, 09:39 PM
this looks great!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk