PDA

View Full Version : Subscription based service

Hydrus
03-10-2014, 09:04 PM
I was thinking that OUYA can have a subscription based service where they offer free games every month, special sales and instant participation in giveaways and contests made especially for subscribers. Other things can be included with the subscription too if more features are added to the OUYA. As long as they don't take away things that were in place before the subscription, and things that you can do elsewhere for free, I think it's okay. The point is to give a reason to buy a subscription, whatever the cost may be (which I think shouldn't be over 15$ since the games are dirt cheap on Discover) and to benefit from it while also benefiting the customer.

sahoskins12
03-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Something like Xbox Gold or PSPlus you mean? There's not enough for Ouya to offer gamers with that sort of service at the moment. Maybe after a few updates and a lot more games there would be a better chance of it but currently it would probably do them more harm than good to try and run that with the current structure.

RiotingSpectre
03-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Something like Xbox Gold or PSPlus you mean? There's not enough for Ouya to offer gamers with that sort of service at the moment. Maybe after a few updates and a lot more games there would be a better chance of it but currently it would probably do them more harm than good to try and run that with the current structure.

Agreed because other than exclusive sales for those one in a million games that is actually worth anything along with physical prized like hoodies and t-shirts; I don't see this as something we need anytime soon.

Hydrus
03-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Those subscriptions are for software only though, and they cost over 20$. OUYA can make a combination of hardware, software and everyday things for a lower price. They have faceplates, consoles, jackets and other things that they can give away along with games. They can team up with developers to offer exclusive beta access to the games, they themselves can offer exclusive beta access to their system updates. A lot of high quality games are coming out this year and some that aren't announced yet, demos can work too alongside other digital content that may not necessarily be just for the OUYA. Soundtracks, digital art and short comics (I can see Magnus Jones in one), for example. They can return back a small percentage of the money from the subscription once in a blue moon for you to freely spend on Discover, the sales that I talked about earlier, etc. There's enough to offer to a small audience for a small price to get a small boost in return, if you get creative.

sahoskins12
03-10-2014, 09:41 PM
There wouldn't be enough uptake on that sort of thing to justify Ouya putting the time and effort into it really. A scheme like that would use up a lot of their resources each month planning out what goodies to give people and I can't see many signing up to it at this point.